Friday 25 April 2014

Happy Birthday Dear Boob Group.....

As I fast approach my own birthday I was privileged to be invited to a very important celebration, a second birthday party.  Birthday parties for two year olds are of course generally thrilling events, attempting to control your sugar-rushed, hyped-up children, but this was a different affair.  This was celebrating two whole years of Deal Breastfeeding Support Group






At the event I rubbed shoulders with local MP Charlie Elphicke.  Shame that he didn't choose my baby for the obligatory 'MP and baby' photo, probably since mine was covered in mushed up hot cross bun.








The raffle (which I forgot to enter, sorry!) had some amazing prizes, including a cut and style at Men's style, and wine.  All this contributed to the day's fundraising which totalled £91!








I know I talk about the group a lot.  But I really do believe in them.  They provide such amazing support for mum's as well as raising awareness within the community.  The work they have done in two years makes me very excited about what is to come. 






The group chose this event to announce their education programme.  They are sponsoring 10 places for mums to train as 'Mother Supporters' with the Association of Breastfeeding Mothers.  I underwent this training about six months ago.  It was intense but interesting and rewarding.  It has enabled me to give back a little of the support I received.  But aside from that the course gives you more understanding of your own journey.  For the Deal community, this opportunity can only help in the sea change of breastfeeding awareness. 




'People give one another things that can't be giftwrapped' Nadine Gordiner






Anyway,  Happy Birthday DBSG and many happy returns xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment