Saturday 14 December 2013

'Boobles bazaar'

This afternoon I popped by 'Boobles bazaar'.  As I mentioned in my last post, Deal Breastfeeding Support Group were using this event to raise ever needed funds, raise awareness and to launch their 'Breastfeeding Welcome' scheme.  I delivered my homemade cakes (gotta love food that looks like boobs :) ) to add to the appealing array already there.  I did sample some of the chocolate cake, as did baby girl until husband told me not to give her anymore chocolate :P

My boy made another glittery monstrosity to add to our tree..... He loves a bit of crafting and this was particularly good as it involved smothering his hands with paint.  He has hung his creation on the tree just near his armchair so he can admire it...most definitely a happy camper.

After winning 2 items on the tombola we had a little meander around the stalls.  There were a few craft stalls with some gorgeous items, including booby beanies.  Elite Beauty and Spa were making people's hands look pretty.  Babybeads UK  had a stall- I would have bought an amber bracelet from them if I hadn't decided that I couldn't wait and bought it a fortnight ago.  Weirdly I did buy some honey from them, much to the boy's delight that they had 'pet bees'.  I admired the wares from Breastmilk Keepsakes... such a lovely idea (and they do 'first curls' charms too now). 'Audrey her cards and art' was selling Phoenix cards ready for Christmas.  Creative Minds Nursery were raising awareness of their services in the area.  There was certainly plenty to see!

A great outing was had.  DBSG Main organiser Candice Roberts tells me they made £240, which will certainly make a big difference.  Not only that but people visiting the event could rub shoulders with Deal town mayor Cllr Marlene Burnham, local MP Charlie Elphicke and Cllr Mike Eddy.  A success in anyone's book :).

No comments:

Post a Comment